Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Picture Day





Click on the picture to see it full-sized.

A four inch long Gecko, frequent visitor to the apartment.




Several views from my drive to work.  The harbor at Pago Pago.







 


A couple of shots of a flower that fell from a tree I have yet to identify.  I yields fruit about the size of an orange, but I don’t know if the fruit is edible.











The children must complete their chores.  Here one is raking leaves and grass clippings beside one of the major streets.


A Samoan custom is to bury your dead loved ones in your front yard.  I can’t help but empathize in thinking about my Mama and Daddy buried in my front yard.  I guess people don’t move from their homes.
A breadfruit tree beside the road.  Just imagine Oak trees which produce fruit the size of one of which could make a meal.
A roadside market.  Taro, unidentified root, breadfruit and bananas.
Taro – the bulb of an Elephant Ear.
Breadfruit in a basket woven of a coconut frond.
Breadfruit and two species of bananas.
Unidentified food and unidentified vendors from the roadside market.
Fresh fish from the roadside market.
The entrance to the Maliu Mai bar adjacent to my apartment complex at Freddie's Beach.  Troy Polamalu visited here when he paid a visit to American Samoa, his family’s home, a couple weeks before my arrival.
The ocean-side swimming pool at the bar.
Another view from the bar.
A view of the waves crashing into the volcanic rocks at the bar.  The rocks are jet black, rough and slippery.  This is no place to take a swim.




Next: Take the Bus.

1 comment: